• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need 12K yoke part number

springer1981

I can't definitively figure out what part number I need for a 12K rear differential yoke. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

springer1981

Rear only on turbo trucks: 5937525 .........12.1k
Thanks, that's the one I thought it was but couldn't confirm it. This year I'm doing a 4L80/242 conversion and I have 12K driveshaft from a A2. If I understand correctly the universal is larger and requires the 12K yoke on the differential. I believe it is a direct swap from the original m998 flanged yoke. Thanks again for any input anyone has on this swap.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, that's the one I thought it was but couldn't confirm it. This year I'm doing a 4L80/242 conversion and I have 12K driveshaft from a A2. If I understand correctly the universal is larger and requires the 12K yoke on the differential. I believe it is a direct swap from the original m998 flanged yoke. Thanks again for any input anyone has on this swap.
An A2 rear Differential yoke is not “12k”, An A2 diff is 2:73 and uses a 1330 u-joint, the “12k” you reference is a 1350 IIRC and is even larger U-joint required larger caps.

springer1981

Here is what I have. Ultimately I'm hoping I can use it in my m998 with the stock differential and 6.5 GEP converted to 4L80 with 242. I believe it is the correct length and will fit the 242 output. I also think I only need to change the differential yoke. Based on the information above, will the 5937525 yoke be the correct part? Thanks again for the help, I'm working from manuals and a lot of guess work.

NSN 2520-01-424-0425
P/N 919800-2109

DS.jpg

springer1981

I was hoping someone would know for sure what I am trying to do will work. I'll just order it ( 5937525 ) and hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping someone would know for sure what I am trying to do will work. I'll just order it ( 5937525 ) and hope for the best.

Thanks for the replies.
Greg gave you the part number in the post above.
Also, utilize vendor resources, Kascar, Hummerpartsguy...they can answer your questions quickly on the phone, tell you all the application etc...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for the replies.
And as far “know for sure” the shaft you chose to use is not the normal folks use for conversions, the 12447113 or 7113-1 cut down is normal, at least it is in my shop.
many many m998’s already were converted to 1330 u-joints during reset, so the 12447113 would drop right in After adding the Trans and Tcase.
One last note, you do know you will need a new Mid-shaft correct? 12447114

springer1981

And as far “know for sure” the shaft you chose to use is not the normal folks use for conversions, the 12447113 or 7113-1 cut down is normal, at least it is in my shop.
many many m998’s already were converted to 1330 u-joints during reset, so the 12447113 would drop right in After adding the Trans and Tcase.
One last note, you do know you will need a new Mid-shaft correct? 12447114
Thanks for the reply, my driveshaft is the old style with the flange that bolts on the yoke. I have a TH400 and 318 (iirc). I bought the driveshaft in 2019 before I really knew what I was looking for, it was cheap. I have been collecting parts for the conversion and planning for the swap. I still need the 4L80 and 242 but I have most of the other stuff. I do know I need the mid-shaft still and will look for it based on the part number you mentioned. I don't have any good shops around here for cutting, welding and balancing the drive shaft. I can do the cut and weld but not balance. I'd rather just buy one that bolts in. I didn't realize I had a 12K driveshaft until I started looking for a yoke for it. No harm having a stronger driveshaft and universal joints. I just hope it all fits without cutting. I was concerned that the 12K yoke might not fit my diff. Then I would have to find the 10.3 style.

I am looking for a 4L80/242 in the northeast if anyone knows of anyplace. Thanks

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply, my driveshaft is the old style with the flange that bolts on the yoke. I have a TH400 and 318 (iirc). I bought the driveshaft in 2019 before I really knew what I was looking for, it was cheap. I have been collecting parts for the conversion and planning for the swap. I still need the 4L80 and 242 but I have most of the other stuff. I do know I need the mid-shaft still and will look for it based on the part number you mentioned. I don't have any good shops around here for cutting, welding and balancing the drive shaft. I can do the cut and weld but not balance. I'd rather just buy one that bolts in. I didn't realize I had a 12K driveshaft until I started looking for a yoke for it. No harm having a stronger driveshaft and universal joints. I just hope it all fits without cutting. I was concerned that the 12K yoke might not fit my diff. Then I would have to find the 10.3 style.

I am looking for a 4L80/242 in the northeast if anyone knows of anyplace. Thanks
the diff cases are all the same, it’s just the gearing that changed...any of the yokes will fit into the diff, the DS you have is just more beef.

springer1981

the diff cases are all the same, it’s just the gearing that changed...any of the yokes will fit into the diff, the DS you have is just more beef.
Great, that's pretty much what I thought but I only have experience with 1 HMMWV, mine. It's better to ask people that have experience with many.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your shaft has a 1350 U joint you can also use any civi yoke for the AMC-20 diff, what I am using on my Dmax conversion.
You can simply search for U joint dimensions and find several sources to ID your U joint.
But it looks like the part # Greg gave you is the cheapest way to go looking at Fleabay

springer1981

If your shaft has a 1350 U joint you can also use any civi yoke for the AMC-20 diff, what I am using on my Dmax conversion.
You can simply search for U joint dimensions and find several sources to ID your U joint.
But it looks like the part # Greg gave you is the cheapest way to go looking at Fleabay
With the part number supplied I was able to find one for $25. It's on its way. About the only thing missing now is the transmission and transfer case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks