• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need 150 mile tow Los Angeles to Ridgecrest, Ca. M932A2

earthship777

Maybe I should cover up some of the more scarier placards before I move my truck....never thought of that....I could just tarp the whole rig... some of my neighbors think my truck is an eyesore but I don't think they take the placards seriously....I just assumed the CHP were a pretty sharp group of people that would get the joke....maybe not...I will certainly go out after dark and change the DOT placard to "have a nice day"

Attachments

ghog50cal

Yea unfortunately in Comie California being like you said needing a cdl too drive that truck brings a whole new set of rules in which you have too play by. You can get tickets for mud flaps not being the right Hight which then goes against your CSA score which could affect your insurance rates or even your job

earthship777

Yes, I had a CDL many years ago and drove a truck in New Mexico, I quit that job and did not renew my medical causing them to drop me down to a normal car license...then changed to a California license......this truck is not registered as a commercial vehicle and never will be but I really don't know what all the as you say (I agree) the commie California government will want....no AR-15's in the cab, that's for sure....but my mud flaps are legal. When I drove this tractor here I blew by (51MPH) all the inspection stations and despite all the cameras over the road they did not see me or did not care

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a CDL B with no restrictions. I live nearby and am familiar with your start point. Upon my inspection of the truck, I can probably help you out. Those HAZMAT and radiation placards should be removed or covered. Insurance and registration would be paramount. Let me know.

quickfarms

Yes, I had a CDL many years ago and drove a truck in New Mexico, I quit that job and did not renew my medical causing them to drop me down to a normal car license...then changed to a California license......this truck is not registered as a commercial vehicle and never will be but I really don't know what all the as you say (I agree) the commie California government will want....no AR-15's in the cab, that's for sure....but my mud flaps are legal. When I drove this tractor here I blew by (51MPH) all the inspection stations and despite all the cameras over the road they did not see me or did not care
Did you have your cloaking device on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

earthship777

its amazing what you can get on e-bay........no cheap imported Klingon or Romulan junk here, all made on Earth in a place that some still call the United States of America....but, since some of you asked, you can find the cloaking device, as well as warp drive controls in the pictures if you look carefully....actual operational details are classified and this is not a secure site (assuming you had a need to know). Thanks to all of you responding to these posts. I will answer you one by one as soon as I can...I am starting a full time driving job next week and am busy these days. The actual move of this truck will go down in August.

Attachments

Mos68x

Holy moly, I'd hate to hit a bump on my road in that truck, I'd definitely impale myself on the ceiling for sure lol

earthship777

use the 4 point restraints and you will be fine....no worse than a B-25 or similar vehicle.....I hate it when I bang my head on something, everything is designed so that a 6ft person can ride through the roughest terrain and not get hurt....and that will be something I will pay attention to during the evaluation period....but just to be sure, I'll let you wear a helmet if you drive it...if you still get nervous you can use the oxygen system to calm yourself down....maybe I will substitute nitrous oxide instead of oxygen....then even if you do impale yourself you won't feel it

Mos68x

Lmao thanks for the concern! I bang my head on the roof of mine on my roads, but that is also because my roof was collapsed from the troops strapping the tents and camo nets to them and the hood.

earthship777

I forgot about about that....took the original hardtop roof off this one and carried it over to the garbage can...it was a little collapsed.. I don't know how the Army did it.. that thing was heavy for just me to carry....the head room in the cab on this one is about the same as stock, maybe 2 inches more in spots....there's over 8ft in the back and plenty of first aid kits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks