• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a 10 ton tractor

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on big A truck on ebay now, 1982 M920 super nice truck has single 1600s on all 4 axles, even the pick up middle axle is a driive axle, looks so neat, i saved all the pic to drool over, Tim

AMGeneral

I agree,the 123 series dwarfs all of the other M series trucks of it's age,haven't gotten the chance to drive one yet(my 2 are still in pieces but still searching for that third truck :D )but I've been told they are quite a handful.But still looking foward to the challenge.

Cdub

how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub

redass73

I agree,the 123 series dwarfs all of the other M series trucks of it's age,haven't gotten the chance to drive one yet(my 2 are still in pieces but still searching for that third truck )but I've been told they are quite a handful.But still looking foward to the challenge
you lucky man.. i would trade my old lady in a second for one of those monsters." i know there would be less headaches" lol

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I rode in one with DD. I felt like a bad mother, even from the passenger seat. I can only imagine how tough you would feel with a 757 in tow carrying a MBT.

M1075

Cdub said:
how does the M911 compare to todays over the road tractors that pull 53' trailers.........is there much difference......???

Thanks,

C'dub
Therer is a big difference between the M911 and commercial OTR tractors. The M911 is a larger truck, automatic, 6 wheel drive, and maxes out between 45-50 mph. GVWR is probably a lot higher too. Fuel milieage is dismal. Perfect for hauling tanks and large equipment off road, not so perfect for driving around in traffic or down the interstate.

When I drove one recently on the interstate, I noticed you sit so high than you literally look over the top of other semis and grain trailers.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mack also made a 10-ton cargo, only a couple hundred, in the 1950s, called the M125. BKubu had one a while back that was in MVM. Used to tow heavy 155mm, 175mm, and 8-inch arty pieces, prior to the mobile arty taking over. Used a LeRoi gas 8-cylinder engine. VERY big. Much more useful than a tractor.

From olive-drab.com:

Attachments