• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a fixed antena for prc-77

halftrack43

This is what I'd like to do. I have a" Ice Cream scope mount on the cab of the Deuce with a tuneable base, I'm looking for a short antena to use on it for my Prc-77 I've mounted in the cab under the seat on a mule mount. Right now I use the Ribbon antena at the radio. I'd like to use an external antena instead. I have the cable there already that I ran to a 524, both the large and small coax. Any ideas?
Thanks

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry not to be of help and I'm WAY off subject, but I saw the thread title and couldn't help but think of the time I was sent to the Gunnery Sergeant in my platoon (E-7 rank) and was told to ask for a PRICK-E7..... Found one....

Here is a link to NAPCO International, who has what you need look for the MT-1029/VRC towards the bottom of the page.[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

Napco International

Last edited:

halftrack43

Well I called NAPCO International, They don't carry many items in stock, they build. They did give me the Antena Number:AS3900/vrc, the mount Number MT-1029/VRC was for a radio base for the 524, not the antena. Now! does anyone have an AS3900/VRC they want to part with?
Thanks
Rick

txdodge43man

I have a PRC 77 set up on my M35 with the tuneable base but it uses a long antenna. I dont have the numbers of what parts I used but I can take pictures of the set up this weekend if you want

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the 77, you'll want the SINCGARS base, unless you want to get outside the truck and rotate the switch every time you change freqs.

halftrack43

Wow, great responses,:razz:
First, I did look on e-bay, at the moment of course there are none.(it's always the way)
Second, I also have the tuneable base on the truck now ready for a 524. I'm not using the 524 so I was planning on using it for the 77 if possible, but if not I would just get a smaller set up. The tuneable uses the double section antenna. If you see the pic of my truck you can see I only use it now as a flag pole for displays. I may add another mount with a dummy base just for the "flage pole".The trouble with the double stick it's too high for bridges, and has to be tied down. I know it sound crazy:roll:. I appreciate all the help though :-D.
Thanks
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks