• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a little help on my "new" M109 A3

Bushman5000

First post and first deuce so bear with me...I have a disconnection and I'm wondering what it is and if it could be related to locking in my front axle. Also there is no air switch for that on the dash so if anyone knows where to find one that would be appreciated as well. Thanks. - Chris

Attachments

54reo

That box would be your "Low Air Warning Buzzer". It will be quite audible until the air pressure reaches a little over 60 psi. This is to warn you (above all of the other noise) if the air pressure is "below safe levels". While you will still have brakes with low air pressure, you will need to exert considerably more force on the brake peddle (similar to an automobile with power brakes if the engine is not running).

As to the air shift front axle engagement, are you positive that you have an air shift transfer case? There will be a place on the transfer case for an air line connection if you do. If not, you may have a sprag.

Btw...it looks like a very nice M109! More pics please.....

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what you've circled, and especially if you do not get the very loud buzzing when you first start up the truck, plug the end of the wire into the connector right above it before you start the engine. As 54reo says, the buzzing will stop once 60 psi is reached.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Crawl underneath, look at the front of the transfercase, if there is a linkage that goes to a pin sticking out of the top of the back end of tranny, its a sprag t-case, if its an airshift there will be an actuator mounted on the front of the t-case with an airline running to it from the driverside area. BUT, I'll bet you you have a sprag, which operates by engaging the front axle when the rear tires spin, 7% faster? (I think) than the front tires are turning.

Bushman5000

Yes That was definately the buzzer box. I will check the tranny, unfortunately the minute I got to the deuce today a downpour started so I might have to postpone this until tomorrow, but I'll take a few pictures just in case.

Westech

CPL
sprag works ok if working, just NEVER let the truck roll in gear with the clutch disengaged in the opposite direction of gear selected. thats about it... air shift.. almost always works, never fails, and is controlled by the driver.