• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a Moderators Help

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
I have a bunch of LVS TMs on my hard drive that I don't need but I have been asked my some members on here for them. They are too big to email and too big to attach to a message on here. Do any of you Moderators have any suggestions? I don't want to delete them as I know they are difficult to find online. Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should be posted in the Website help forum, not CUCV.

Are the Tms you have, approved for public use?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the bottom of the front page(or near the begining) it should have a distribution classification.

Looks like this

Attachments

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
All it says is this:

THIS PUBLICATION IS REQUIRED FOR OFFICIAL USE OR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES.
DISTRIBUTION IS LIMITED TO U S GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ONLY. OTHER REQUESTS FOR THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE
REFERRED TO COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (ARD), WASHINGTON, D C 20380-0001

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not for public release. As it says, it's for "Government agencies only".

While I doubt they will come knocking at your door for you having them, they really shouldn't be posted in a public forum such as this.

It could also be that the classification could have been changes since it was printed and is now available for public use. You can check the LOGSA TM site and see if they will let you download them. If they let you they are available for public use.

Mohawk Dave

ssgtcampbell77,

If they are legal, one way you can email them individually is "You Send It". It's an online program with X amount of free times you can use it, or buy it for unlimited, anyway, I seldom use it for work when I have to email 20-50 gb files etc.

How large are the files, approx?

-Dave

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
im not for sure how big they are and The computer I have them on does not have CD burning capabilities. I have no idea if they are available to the public or not, I just know that they are **** near obsolete. It seems retarded to me that they would not allow a TM to be used by the public. Are the Taliban gonna study our TMs and fix our trucks in the middle of the night? Anyhow, Dave, I will check that site out. Thanks for the advice Gents.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
:ditto: I can't get jack off my computer. It didn't used to be an issue so I have a ton of personal stuff on my work computer....then they decided to put a lock down on the use of flash drives.....now all my personal files are stranded. Im gonna try to use a website that one of the other guys on here told me about. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

sandcobra164

I've not seen an NMCI computer lately that wouldn't burn a CD. The thumb drive restriction is just for actively connected to the network computers, not for stand alone's.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try to ZIP the files, then mail them as an attachment. Some files will still need split before being ZIPPED. Usually works.
Depends on how large of a file restriction you have in NMCI.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ssgtcampbell thanks for trying to assist our group and for also playing by the rules. Sometimes the rules seem obtuse but they are still the rules.

Rick