• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a REALLY loud horn for my M35

tklm539

I am hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I am looking for a REALLY loud horn to add to my M35. Any suggestions on what to use and where to find it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If your stock one works it should be pretty darn loud. Probably cheaper then trying to find a better 24v one. AMGeneral was saying something about having a horn on one of his trucks that would damage your hearing...

BEASTMASTER

get a couple of 12 volt horns from a junk yard .blow you're ears out .you just have to replace them fairly often when they stop working . :driver:

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
CanonNinja that is one really good website. Who needs a train horn for your deuce? Expensive.

CanonNinja

builder77 said:
CanonNinja that is one really good website. Who needs a train horn for your deuce? Expensive.

well, i mean, the man said he wanted REALLY loud :lol:

Jason's website hasn't been updated in a while, but he's got awesome CS points... DHL lost my package for a horn kit going on a show truck on a Saturday night install for a Sunday show... saturday morning, no package.. DHL can't track it... so being a few hours away from eachother, he put another kit on a greyhound bus for me to pick up at the depot downtown... told me to tell DHL to return to sender... and I did... major kudos to him!

tklm539

Airhornsoftexas, has some really nice stuff. What would I need to make it a classic "pull the chain" manual type of semi horn. I am guessing horn, air lines and a manual valve. The valve is the part I am a little lost on.

Mike-- That is a really big horn, but I want to save some space in the back for cargo!!

CanonNinja

tklm539 said:
Airhornsoftexas, has some really nice stuff. What would I need to make it a classic "pull the chain" manual type of semi horn. I am guessing horn, air lines and a manual valve. The valve is the part I am a little lost on.

Mike-- That is a really big horn, but I want to save some space in the back for cargo!!
basically just find the valve you want for a lanyard style action, and you're set

Ugg013

The Frog came with air horns too. Just hit the horn button on the wheel and I crack windows all around. :twisted: Thought that was a normal Post-Nam thing as we never had any when I was in.

Later
Ugg 8)

CanonNinja

FreightTrain said:
man,that texas place is WAY to freaking high.I only paid $350 for my K3HA and RS3K.If you want a loud but cheap horn get you one of those horns off the old Redbird express.http://www.transitmuseumstore.com/ I have one and they are quite Loud and have a classic semi truck horn sound.

eh, the guy is sourcing them out from ebay, and refurbing them himself... gotta make up the cost a bit somewhere i guess...

FreightTrain

Banned
Mine were rebuilt.That is what is bad.I am a Collector and buy from collectors.Those Ebay horns are about quite often stolen.And don't EVEN get me started about those Horn Blaster Son of a B****ES!!!!worst than bringing up USA 6x6......But,You can buy them for around 200-300 bucks from a scrap yard(real railroad Scrap yard) and rebuild them for about 100 bucks more.usually they only require a good cleaning and painting.

tklm539

My horn works, but I was looking for a little more kick. I would seem that my neighbors (I live in a rural setting mind you) think that my truck/trailer detracts from" the pristine natural setting". I figured that if that were the case, I would help things along when I pull in and back out. The nearest neighbor is about 500yrds away.

Childish? yes I suppose at first it was shooting that was a problem, call the cops every time I crank off a round. Then jet skis and RC boats because they scare ducks, now its the truck. I have lived here fro 25 years and they all just moved from NJ (sorry to anyone from NJ) in the 3 years to build their big a** vacation home.
Sorry rant over

Tom

houdel

Its the "Last One Here" syndrome. All those "Big City" folks want to be the last one to move into a nice " pristine natural setting" (and no one else better move in after them), and then make all of the folks who have been there a while adapt to fit their "Big City" attitude! P*sses me off too! Maybe we should all chip in so you can get one of those $1485 train air horns & play "Big City" train sounds for them!