• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a sample Humvee VIN number.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a boatload of fun with a very early test fleet HUMVEE serial number 24, a TOW missile carrier. M1024?

Back in '84 one didn't see many in private hands back then, Ahnold had one of that fleet as well.

11 months work to get it roadworthy, lots of $ in parts. Since it wasn't mine, I didn't have to mess with the AZ DMV, as it was plated anyway.

It was bait for every 3-letter agency as well.

BLK HMMWV

I had a boatload of fun with a very early test fleet HUMVEE serial number 24, a TOW missile carrier. M1024?

Back in '84 one didn't see many in private hands back then, Ahnold had one of that fleet as well.

11 months work to get it roadworthy, lots of $ in parts. Since it wasn't mine, I didn't have to mess with the AZ DMV, as it was plated anyway.

It was bait for every 3-letter agency as well.
Well since 85 is the first year of the military HMMWV a HMMWV with a 84 build date would have caused a few problems I'm guessing.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The VIN system should address exactly the problem of uniqueness. And it does so successfully.
And that it was necessary can be seen in this case. A vehicle from the time before the VIN system. And a vehicle that did not participate in it. You can now add the serial number of an old Compaq PC and a toaster. It does not matter. Without a manufacturer ID at the beginning of the number, there will necessarily be overlaps.

mccullek

I finally broke down and went to the DMV here in MS to get my M1098R1 titled and tagged. Walked in and out in 20 minutes with my tag. The only confusion was the date on the Govt title, as it showed the date the HMMWV was transferred to Ritchie Bros, and they actually send a notarized letter stating the date they mailed the paperwork to me, and that is the date they consider I took possession. The lady wanted to use the Title date, meaning I would lose almost 8 months on my tag, but then was told to use the re-assignment date in the letter, after my suggestion. I was right and now I only lost 4 months on my current tag.

But it was pretty simple here in MS. Glad we don't have the bureaucracy you guys have in CA!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I finally broke down and went to the DMV here in MS to get my M1098R1 titled and tagged. Walked in and out in 20 minutes with my tag. The only confusion was the date on the Govt title, as it showed the date the HMMWV was transferred to Ritchie Bros, and they actually send a notarized letter stating the date they mailed the paperwork to me, and that is the date they consider I took possession. The lady wanted to use the Title date, meaning I would lose almost 8 months on my tag, but then was told to use the re-assignment date in the letter, after my suggestion. I was right and now I only lost 4 months on my current tag.

But it was pretty simple here in MS. Glad we don't have the bureaucracy you guys have in CA!
Congratulations!
That makes you legal and it's time to hit the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks