• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a Shipper in CA

theman10k

Hi guys got my HMMWV Approved just need to move it now from the base to my brothers house it's about a 110 mile trip one way
I've got the vehicle listed on VeriTread but it hasn't offered me any good shippers just mainly brokers and I don't like that because I don't know the shipper then.

I was wondering if any of you on here have a number of a Shipper who dealt with non running Humvee before that you can recommend and trust that has a nice big flatbed wrecking truck that can winch it on and deliver to my brothers
It would be from Barstow ca to Lancaster ca it's about 110 mile trip

Any help would be appreciated

Tom

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't bother with Veritread...I have used UShip and it cost me 500.00 from barstow to Norcal.
the guy did an excellent job. i just don't know what his ability is to recover a dead truck.
his name is Bill B&C transport 530-277-three four four two

theman10k

Thank you very much Warhorse
One question was your running?
Mines sold as running but I guess it will have dead battery's and no fuel in that's was I've stated non runner

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called some Lancaster towing services.....$ 400 to $ 600 flatbed towing.
I live 25 miles from Lancaster.
Give me a phone number to call.

theman10k

Hi 86humv

Who did you call?
Got anyone you recommend?

You want my number ? I'm currently in the UK this is why it's hard because I'm trying to sort it all from England
PM me and I send you my number with the correct codes so it works for you

Ok Warhorse thanks

Tom

papakb

Use CSAAA

Save yourself a whole stack of money and head on over to AAA and sign up for their 100 Plus membership package. They'll move your vehicle up to 100 miles under that service and they're used to non runners. Beyond getting it home the first time you'll have a full year to break down again and get it towed back to the stable at no charge.

Last edited:

armytruck63

I believe the OP is in England.

Will AAA go on base to recover a vehicle? I thought that would only work if you haul the vehicle outside the front gate.

Artisan

AAA does not do commercial vehicles...
LotsOluck w/ that.

Call Robert Winston in Barstow and tell him Brad the plumber sent you.

760-774-7543

theman10k

Ok thanks for the help guys
Yes Armytruck I am in England at the moment that's why it's a bit hard for me to sort this out but trying my best had a really good chat with 86Humv and he's given me a few numbers and other ideas :)

papakb

I've had AAA come on base before to help with a dead battery so I don't see why they wouldn't do a tow from one. Yes, the OP is trying to arrange this from England but his request is from Barstow to Lancaster, about 96 miles.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the 200 mile AAA, and tried to get AAA to pick up a van on base in Barstow....no dice,,......They said they don't pickup auction / non registered vehicles.
Once I bought a Hmmwv from an public auction years ago ** no plates }, pulled it across the steet, AAA came and towed it home.
So probably depends on the driver maybe.

tage

Post a u ship ad. I was in DE when mine was approved, and went u ship route. Everything was Charlie foxtrot so it didn't even get picked up till I got back...

Good info on the aaa. Catch 22 on the commercial issue.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks