• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a TM# for a jiffy lube

jasonjc

I don't know yet. I just won it. GL says the NSN is 4930-00-548-2766. I'm down loading 2 tm's right now but nither one has that nsn on them. They ar TM 5-4930-217-14 and -218-14.

jasonjc

I was winning 2 up untill the last hour. Then the battle was on. I ended up with one , for a song. Now if it works or not?????????

Dieselsmoke

Data plate on mine does not list the TMS, but I found them on LOGSA about a year ago using this info Model ENG-3 FSN 4930-935-4451 Made in 1969.
Mine happens to be for sale $500. Missing is the compressor but the pressure pots work fine, I rigged it to use shop air instead.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are pretty neat. Colemans has a few sitting in the weeds. Very useful, but man you have to have a LOT of stuff that needs to be lubed!

jasonjc

I found that the newest TM 5-4930-218-24P has the same NSN as GL has this listed as. I have down loaded it and the -217 which sames to be for an older verson of this same unit. I can't wait to see which one it is and if it all works. :D

KaiserM109

Jason,
If you're ever up Denver way with that rig stop by. I have some 4x4s that Jiffy Lube doesn't know how to service. I always have to go down under with them and now I have a 6x6 and some trailers! These kids they hire can't concieve that a clutch linkage or steering nuckles would need service. They can't find books on a '69 Bronco, what would they do with a '66 Kaiser Jeep M109?

You might be able to start a mobile lube service. You could go coast to coast and see the country! Just about the time you make it around it would be time for the next lube. It would be like painting a battleship; when you finish at one end, you start over at the other.

jasonjc

Now I need to find the TM for the eng on the compressor. It should be TM 5-2805-203-14 &24P. Are these out ther in PDF from??? Also in the parts TM it ref. a DMWR 5-4930-218 ??? any one know what that is???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks