• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a TM number

joeypushjr1

can anyone fill me in on what Tm number i need for the electrical lay out for the 1009 alt./ batteries number 2 alternator fired other day i got new one and soon as i hook up the lower neg post it arcs bad and throws juice intto the alt. with out truck running. and when i dissconect + on front battery the surge stops so i need a TM number to see if i can figure out the lay out and try to see if i have something fouled up somewhere. ima lookinto see if i have a melted wire somewhere and its grounding out .. im just lost. i threw my meter on it and i have continuity in places i believe i shouldnt. im just stumped. so any help will be great anyone with a number. i cant seen to find it here on the site. those maunals are hard to scroll threw espically if you dont use them all the time. thanx..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Crash_AF

The first thing you should check is to make sure that the replacement alternator is actually one with an isolated ground. Take a multimeter and check for continuity between the ground stud and the alternator case. If there is continuity there, you have a non-isolated ground alternator that will not work with the CUCV's 24v system.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks