• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a tool

WOLFMAN1

so it is not body damage it can be rebuilt? thanks and i'll try to find that manual to buy or download and print somewhere. I couldn't find it in the resources unless i looked over it. cause i filled my hidden brake reivor with fluid and about two weeks later it was empty and on the bottom of the air pack is where i could find fluid. You would probably have the answer to this next question beter than anyone else. on my fly wheel case there is a square hole on the bottom like a plate went over it with 4 bolts. is it just a plate missing or something more. i will have to find one to replace that one part or make something to cover it with a gasket of some sort? any ideas

frederickalan58

reasonably priced pipe plug socket set

Sounds like you probably already found your tool. My online search for pipe plug sockets turned up really expensive tools.

I bought a 1/2" drive set of pipe plug sockets up to 5/8" at Northern Tool for $13 and change. (I needed a 7/16" square to drain the fuel tank.)

WOLFMAN1

hey barrman! any certain type of air filter i can put in the deuce. is there a civi version i can put in its place. i saw that the old ones had to have oil with them. how does that fit into the equation.

Barrman

The inspection port on the bottom of the bellhousing is supposed to just have a sheet metal cover. Supposed to keep trash out of the clutch. Shoot some grease into your throw out bearing before you close it up.

I personally like the oil bath filter. You fill it to the full mark, put it on and then when you check it, you just dump the old oil out and put in some new. Lots cheaper and easier than the $60.00 a multi fuel owner has to shell out for new filters.

I would suggest you join the MVPA and get a subscription to military vehicles magazine. Several members here on SS contribute articles to both and one member is the editor of a few. The advertisements are worth the money you will spend. Knowing who to call because you saw the add for a part you didn't even know you needed is pretty nice.

Here is the exploded view of an airpack.

Attachments

WOLFMAN1

the pic you added of the air pack. the device in the dead center of the page and the round section down in the bottom right corner is the two pieces that go together and i see a gasket there. that is where it is leaking. that is where the fluid collects.

so an oil bath filter. the places you mentioned earlier will have this item for sell or can i pick one up at the local auto parts store.

WOLFMAN1

barrman, m16ty said he might have a airpack for me. thanks for your help. now i need to replace the top hose on the rad. does anyone know the dimentions of it and the air to carb dimentions. can't get a hold of a tm for those sizes. looked in the resources and still couldn't find a good replacement. any alternatives like a napa hose or autozone.

nattieleather

Try taking the uper hose off and go into napa and tell them you need one just like it or as close as possible to it. You may get one that a little longer and may need trim, but that's what I've done in the past. The Aircleaner hose is a little more difficult. Do you have a truck parts store in your town? I'd check there for something like that.

WOLFMAN1

thanks for the water hose idea. air hose will be hard since i have oriellys, napa and car quest around me. no big truck stores close by that i can think of. if there is anyone in tennessee that knows of one close to hickman county middle tenn. or maybe a site i can buy one from. thanks in advance for any help