• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a trailer?

91W350

We bought a fleet of bolster trailers. It was muddy today in the yard, both mine and the salvage yard, although my neighbors probably think mine is salvage.... Anyway, I decided to go out and take a peek through the fence at our bolster trailers. It was quite a surprise, I had no idea they had so many trailers out there! Some of those low boys are six trailers deep. Glen

Attachments

91W350

Even more....

I know the little Mack is out of place here, but I sure thought it was cute!

The ocean of trailers goes on, this is not a military installation, they contract repair trailers.

Attachments

91W350

No, I am not trying to sell one. I have a unique deal with a local businessman, he is all about scrap. He does not have time to mess with the auctions, so I do that for him. In return I get small parts and tires. He has no interest in selling anything, parts etc... He would just as soon not mess with selling anything he buys for scrap. He explained the auction game to me like this....

If I am at a farm sale and buying iron, it never fails, somebody needs a part off of the iron I bought or wants an item out of the lot. They approach me and want to talk about the item, I tell them get with me after the auction. I might miss making a few hundred or thousand dollars talking to some guy that wants a cast iron seat for his tractor. If he gets with me after the auction, I would probably give it to him. They never show up at the end of the auction.

He has the same opinion of parts in the yard, by the time he screws around trying to retail something and wait for them to decide of the price is right, he could have crushed several tons of iron and got it loaded to get out of town. He cannot run fast enough to stay ahead of his business. He crushes Kansas, Eastern Colorado, Northern Oklahoma and some parts of Nebraska.

The bolsters we bought as scrap and parts. I can snag some small items for guys, but no trailer sales. I am not sure we got a single complete one anyway, they look pretty rough.

Not trying to sell anything here, I just was amazed at the sheer number of trailers that have accumulated out there. Glen

91W350

I wanted to catch the guy with the old Mack and talk to him. It sure look cool, he was pulling a small trailer, like a race car trailer or show car trailer. Wish I had more information on the truck, it was at a local motel. I just had room for a couple of extra photos, so I had to toss it in there.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and you guys im sure all have trailers and come to think i would feel like i was in heaven if i just had a M105A2!..... or an M200 frame with a box on it! gotta love duals!!

91W350

If I decide to deliver Bighurt's M915 out to ND I might be in your neck of the woods......do you have any mounted bolster trailer tires that are not dry rotted?
I have not been close enough to know what size or condition the tires are. It look like most of them are sitting on their hubs.

91W350

That location is just a rebuild contractor. Most of those are going back in service. That is a lot of iron though, lots and lots of eye candy. Wish I could wander around their facility for a couple of weeks, maybe I should retire and go to work there. 8)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Went by that place on my way out to crisis city for USAR training. Glen don't forget to check in the dumpsters when you are loading up. Please don't forget my order if it is possible.