• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED ADVICE! New guy picking up a deuce sunday

jakerecon

Hey everyone. I am new here. I am from Mason, OH which is north of Cincinnati. I am headed out this sunday to Chandler, Indiana. Which is about 3 and half hours away from me, to look at and buy the deuce if everything checks out. Is there anybody along the way that could help me if i run into any problems? Im kinda nervous about the distance, and any advice or help I would really appreciate. I know there are multiple post about advice on first deuce, but my real concern is just having an expert to call for help if i need it. :-D

Thanks,
Jake

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the seller on this site?

CobraCDR

Congrats on the pending purchase! Are you getting an M35A2 or M35A3? Lots of threads on what to do, but just a few points:

1- download and read the operators manual
2- check / top off all fluids
3- check tire pressure / tire condition
4- doesn't hurt to hit the grease fittings
5- make sure your filters are in good shape
6- bring tools
7- watch and understand readings on your guages
8- bring a friend / chase vehicle
9- insurance?
10- post pics when you get it home!

Welcome to the MV Club! :beer:

91W350

If he is available and you have a few bucks, find Gimpy Robb and hire him for the day. He is in your area and knows these trucks as well as anybody here. I cannot set a rate for him, but if it were me in your shoes, I would much rather have him along than worry about a wrecker. Chris has helped more people through this site than any of us will ever know, he is a great guy. Glen

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp is out of town for the weekend.

jakerecon

Thanks for the pm gimpyrob ! Thanks for the advice guys. I am not sure if the seller is on this site. He did mention you guys and the site. I am taking a few friends with me that know about diesels and just trucks in general. Hopefully all will go well and will be sitting in my driveway tomorrow afternoon! I will post pics tomorrow.

212sparky

If you need help i am just around the corner and i used to live in Mason. my truck will be back up this eveining (if all goes well) if you need to walk around one.

jakerecon

Ok well i didn't buy it..... I was disappointed, but i feel i made the right decision. I am going to post some pics on here as soon as i get them converted so they will upload. I want to get everyones feedback on the pics and the reason i didn't buy. The truck looked great, engine started right up, only issue was a leaky head gasket. Real reason i didn't purchase was the front tires were dry rotted and the underneath of the bed was completely rusted. It will show on the pics as soon as i get them up. But it was rusted to the point of it looked expensive to get fixed lol. i'll try and get the pics up today. He is firm at 4,000. Felt it was to much for some of the work it needed.
I am going to look at another in Ky this week though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks