• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need advice on removing the door window

Doug Roberts

Well I opened the hatch , removed the lockwashers , free from regulator channel , so now I should be able to pull the door glass up and out of the cab door , right ? ... wrong ! ...something is catching the bottom front corner , will not come out ! What can I do ??

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is "L" brackets that should be screwed on the window that is keeping it from sliding out. Remove them, should be two.

RAYZER

Their at the bottom of the window assembly frame on each side, use a small Phillips head screwdriver.

Last edited:

olly69

Are you saying lockwashers meaning the clips behind the bottom frame? I had to use a small mirror to see them & remove them. I got the following from someone on this forum: "There is 2 clips that hold the regulator arms on. Pop those off and then there is a "stopper" that needs to be unscrewed. It is in-line with one of the regulators. Finally, there is another stopper that stops the window from going too far up. It has 2 screws. Once you get all that un-done, you pull the
rollers out of the window track and lift up." Edit, this is what the clip looks like:
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/wirecl75.html Hope this helps.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure the -20TM has step by step instructions with drawings.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
900 series?

Doug Roberts

M923A2 ... I understand the clips and the brackets ect . I installed the window. The mistake I made is forgetting what the regulator was doing day 1 I got the truck. I could get it up easy but had big trouble getting it down ( that's what she said). To get it down I would crank up a notch or so and then I could lower it more , then stuck again .. roll up a notch and lower it more. Soooo , now I installed the window , it's all the way up and not coming down , can't reach the clips from the opening so tonight I have taken the door completely off. I think I need to split the door open to unlock this mess. I'll look at the -20TM here in a minute but I'm pretty sure the door has to come open somehow. Anyone know ?

Doug Roberts

don't see a -20TM

M923A2 ... I understand the clips and the brackets ect . I installed the window. The mistake I made is forgetting what the regulator was doing day 1 I got the truck. I could get it up easy but had big trouble getting it down ( that's what she said). To get it down I would crank up a notch or so and then I could lower it more , then stuck again .. roll up a notch and lower it more. Soooo , now I installed the window , it's all the way up and not coming down , can't reach the clips from the opening so tonight I have taken the door completely off. I think I need to split the door open to unlock this mess. I'll look at the -20TM here in a minute but I'm pretty sure the door has to come open somehow. Anyone know ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks