• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on removing white logo from Pinz box

forestMog

Tried removing red cross with Rustoleum Aircraft Remover which worked very well.

But the white background is real stubborn! Used a Harbor Freight plastic wheel with embedded abrasive with success but it roughened/weakened the fiberglass which is pretty thin to start.

I plan to repaint the box 'frog green' a new Unimog color and don't want the white logo to ever show through.

Advice?

cornrichard

From the picture it looks like the background is a sticker. If that is true get a heat gun. Start on a fresh corner and slowly peel as you heat. I have used this method on tons of painted metal so your glass should live through the process. Then you need a good degreaser, the orange oil ones work great, to get the adhesive off.

cornrichard

That heat gun should work. At 1500 watts it is all that most outlets will want to put out. Try to be inside out of the wind when you use it. I have never tried a hot blade.

DeucesWild11

Got a plumbing torch?.. incase you have one and don't want to buy a heat gun.. Perhaps a belt Sander with a rough grit paper...

natem

I agree a heat gun, warm just enough to soften the vinyl. Work from corner it will take some time.

Your local auto parts store should have a decal remover (spray) that will help remove adhesive residue.

caliber1

Just used a "Smart Eraser" made by Astro tools. Awesome. Neighbor loaned me one after he saw me scraping that effin double sided tape off a truck. Of course I was almost done.aua Did use it on the wall of the truck though and it didn't touch the paint. [thumbzup]

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
standard blow dryer, heat & peel
I always used WD-40 to clean off the remaing residue

caliber1

Thanks caliber1

Looks like a clean way to remove residue without touching paint. This vid shows you can use ordinary drill.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peacVlDUdp0[/media]
Yep, just chucked it up in a small Hitachi cordless and went to town. Worked great.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks