• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need air filter before weekend. in st. louis

dzmedia

Anyone know where i might be able to find an air filter before this weekend in or around st. louis?

Thanks in advance for your help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had simply posted this on your other thread, it would make more sence.

dzmedia

For what ?
69 m35a2

Try Brent @ A1 Army Supply, 414-531-9772, He can probably get one out to you.
Thank you

True but i thought i would get more views on a new thread in the correct forum.[thumbzup]

If its 'clogged' did you clean it per the TM? They are washable.
This one has no filter. It is one i am going to pick up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would not have needed to post to 3 of the 4 posts, had you continued your other thread.

It is impolite to post separate threads to gain "exposure". All recent threads show on the main page.

Consider that, next time.

dzmedia

What? So I should have posted a request for information on a part location in the "requirements for new members forum" and not the forum specific to my request/vehicle forum?

I dont seem to understand that. How wold someone that has seen my "hello" thread bumped on the main page know that within that thread i posted a new question asking about where i could source an intake locally?

dzmedia

For what ?
Try Brent @ A1 Army Supply, 414-531-9772, He can probably get one out to you.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/requirements-new-members/70098-hello.html

Yes, that thread. They would know because they would read it. If they already had read it, when they click on the little arrow, it takes them to the newest post.

That thread can also be moved to the Deuce forum.

either way, they all are on the main page.

Oh i gotcha... ok. Sorry . I wasn't trying to separate the thread i just thought i would start posting in the deuce forum since this wasn't really a helo here is who i am post.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What? So I should have posted a request for information on a part location in the "requirements for new members forum" and not the forum specific to my request/vehicle forum?

I dont seem to understand that. How wold someone that has seen my "hello" thread bumped on the main page know that within that thread i posted a new question asking about where i could source an intake locally?
You didn't post the information on the in this thread till you were ask without that info this thread is worthless. The attachment is something you should save to your computer . It dosen't list the air filter cross but it has much of the information you will need

Attachments

Westech

CPL
That air filter listed in the cross is NOT NOT NOT the correct one. I made that cross back in 2004/5 and I found that number. but here is the problem.. it is rated for 270 ish CFM. The multi filter is rated for 410 CFM. I have installed that wix filter and the truck will run/drive but power will be lower and EGT's will be a lot higher.

paulfarber

A moderator allowed a WANT ADD in the Deuce forum?!?!?!?!

OH NOES!!!!!

For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!

Do I get brownie points for 'enforcing the rules'?

dzmedia

That air filter listed in the cross is NOT NOT NOT the correct one. I made that cross back in 2004/5 and I found that number. but here is the problem.. it is rated for 270 ish CFM. The multi filter is rated for 410 CFM. I have installed that wix filter and the truck will run/drive but power will be lower and EGT's will be a lot higher.
What is the correct part number?

Bill W

You can use the NAPA airfilter ( I ran one for several years in my first deuce ) but as mentioned it does not have the cfm rating as the stock element. You can see the difference in the picture ( NAPA filter is shown on the left )

Attachments

Last edited: