• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need an opinion...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the color of the rest of the truck for the hardtop, just my two cents. But tan wouldn't be too bad. Black would be cool as well....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try it and see if it's what you want(like). It might look cool. Remember that all the paint work you do makes it look better than it was when you got it but, the way it was was the way it was last used in the US Armed Forces(authentic). To each his own, make it how you like it. No doubt that fresh paint always whoos the crowds.

Coveralls

Well flea I tend to like the 3 color paint scheme. All the military trucks I have are painted that way except one, and that is an all tan 818. If you paint the top tan, you'll have a truck representing several different wars by the looks of things. Paint it, then show us what it looks like then. You can always repaint it later.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a sharp truck!. Everybody knows its authentic military. For me, the way you paint it, doesn't distract from its authenticity.
Paint the hardtop tan, the wheels tan, with silver lock rings. The bumpers & frame & under parts can be black! Everybody will still know its an authentic military truck - NO amount of paint can distract from that!

Lee in Alaska

Jones

Might give the appearance of being mismatched to the truck. If you're thinking of heat reflectivity, how about just the top panel tan with the uprights still green?
Don't know if the stuff is still available but at one time a lot of the comm shelters and shop vans were painted camo but carried a stenciled notification that said the exterior paint had the same heat reflective qualities as white. Might be something to look into.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty good, better than I thought it would. But man, better shoot that red jerry can soon! If I see it red at the Virginia Rally, I'm gonna spray bomb it OD myself!

JohnnyReb

maddawg308 said:
Looks pretty good, better than I thought it would. But man, better shoot that red jerry can soon! If I see it red at the Virginia Rally, I'm gonna spray bomb it OD myself!
No disrespect intended but I think my original thought was correct...........

Not necessarily ugly but I don't know that it adds anything to the truck.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Flea, it sounds like you like it, and that's good enough. I say, go with it! There's obviously something about it that you like, and that makes it your creation. Your, "signature."

Just a quick question, is the star on the door a little non-symetrical? Maybe just the way it shows in the pic, but it looks a little scewed one way or another. May be my eyesight going. It's not what it used to be.

sermis

Paint the rear of the cab green and leave the top tan. I think it would look a lot better. The full tan top distracts from the rest. I went from rust / tan on my truck to green. I like it but kind of wish I had gone tan.
Maybe I need a green truck, tan truck, 3 camo truck, 4 camo truck.................and I really neeed a gun truck.

Flea

Yea, it's a little off-kilter... I free-handed it, as I had no stencil, and it looked ok until I took the tape off... I may have to correct it a little. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks