• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need assistance identifying a truck and it value

frankthetank15

I'm looking into purchasing a 5 ton but I am unsure of exactly what I'm looking at. The seller is telling me that its either an m98 or m917. However I think that it may be an m39a1 because it has a mack engine and power steering. The seller also tells me that the truck has a cracked crankshaft. How good of a motor is the endt 673 and can I get a hold of a replacement crank rather easily and without having to take out a loan haha. (I am used to the m35a2 so I'm hoping its more reliable and a lot more peppy). What would you guys say the value of this truck is as is and when running? thanks
SDC10188_zpsmlbup1bj.jpgSDC10195_zpsmgk6ju5q.jpgSDC10063_zpsgepkl9ji.jpgSDC10062_zps6qbmzlyh.jpg5ton.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Scrap value as is! The Mack motors are not that prevalent, might as well just swap in a multi so all your trucks have the same motor(basically).

I'd still want to get it home and investigate if it is truly cracked(broken?).

A running Mack endt 673 take out may be better then just replacing the crank they are some times on E bay. Your truck has every thing to swap it in. As what it's worth I paid $350 for a Mack bell housing a Mack water pump core is $100 a rebuilt water pump is $300 the water manifold and oil cooler was $250 . As far as getting it running and selling it you would lose money . I would have liked to have found a truck like this when I was doing my repower in my M52a2.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Macks are good engines but they are right up there with CAT as far as replacement part prices go.

Gunzy

Why did you cover the S/N on the O/H tag and the designator on the door in one pic and not the others? I don't think anyone is going to steal the S/N to make a clone of that truck.