• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Assistance with LMTV in Jacksonville, FL

byrdman1312

I'm having problems too,with LMTV's. I don't think anything like these. When I turn on the switch, I get power everywhere. When I push the red button, all I get is a "bump" of the starter. Will not turn over, just bump.
Tried to start it yesterday, hooks slave cables to a HMMWV running high rpms, just a bump.

Sometimes it may bump a couple of times and then start.

Anybody? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Keith

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Starter, aux starter solenoid, start relay in panel or bad start button. I would start with the relay in the panel you can jump the contacts with the relay out and see what happens. Top to bottom should crank it.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some of the earlier style starters have a thermal protection that is known to go bad creating a no start condition. But its very easy to go step by step and diagnose.

scottmandu

I'm having problems too,with LMTV's. I don't think anything like these. When I turn on the switch, I get power everywhere. When I push the red button, all I get is a "bump" of the starter. Will not turn over, just bump.
Tried to start it yesterday, hooks slave cables to a HMMWV running high rpms, just a bump.

Sometimes it may bump a couple of times and then start.

Anybody? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Keith
Low battery voltage, or bad power relay.

Nearcoastal

I have tried swapping them and Installed a new cb the problem is that there is something on circuit that keeps tripping the cb. I'm just trying to figure out if the truck will start without it to determine if I need to focus my time on something else to get engine running.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Look around the drivers side of the trans thats where the pto goes its electric solenoid engaged. Maybe a wire is pinched and shorted somewhere. You could probably just leave it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks