• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need boost gauge help

steelandcanvas

So I like this boost gauge (Please don't buy it out from under me), but it doesn't come with a line or hardware to hook it up to the engine. I'm very mechanically inclined, but have yet to hook up a boost gauge. Where can I get a line and fittings for this gauge?
eBay Motors: RACING Boost Gauge GENUINE Stewart Warner Turbo NICE! (item 400037367354 end time Mar-22-09 20:13:15 PDT)
The auction reads "with installation kit as well". Email the Guy and ask him what it comes with. If you need the parts, try Hewitt Instruments. Don't forget to change out the 12 volt lamp. www.hewittindustries.com

Last edited:

fabiodriven

Yeah, I did e-mail him and ask that. He said it's just the gauge and some hardware, but no tube or fitting to go to the engine. He claims you can get the stuff at any automotive store, but sounds easier said than done to me... I think I might buy it anyway, but still could use some help.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The boost gauge is simply a mechanical pressure gauge, use copper or fuel resistant plastic tubing, like "air brake" tubing (NAPA). 1/4 inch OD is perfect and fittings are available anywhere, 1/8 NPT for the engine intake manifold port......

Jakob

If you've worked with barb fittings AT ALL (fuel lines?), you'll know what to do. All you have to do is put a barb fitting on the pressurized side of the intake and run that to the gauge. Sometimes the turbo (I don't know about the Deuce turbo) has a port right on the compressor housing.

IHASFIP

Just go buy an oil pressure sending unit hose kit they have at any O'Reillys, Vato Zone, Advanced Auto or wherever. They are right by the gauges for sale. They are only like 6 bucks and should have the plastic line, some ferals, and some fittings. Good luck.

D

tm america

its the same one i have on my truck i got mine from saturn surplus pretty easy install i got a brass fitting to go on the guage to go to a 1/4 inch hose then ran the hose to the 1/4 inch pipe plug fitting in the intake tube i didnt like the light on it so i took my cut off tool and slit the gauge the same as the other guages are so it gets lite from the lights that are already there and lights up red i put it in place of the high beam indicator