• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Boston Area CUCV mechanic

jpg

So the good news is the cancer is no longer detectable. The bad news is the cancer treatments left me unable to wrench on my CUCV. I need someone who can replace my IP, and solve some electrical problems. I was working on this when they found the cancer. My son found a local mechanic with a good reputation. That mechanic burned out 2 starter motors trying to get it to start. I need to transport it to a mechanic who can fix a CUCV.

Hillbilly Wizard took excellent care of me and the CUCV before, but he's 400 miles away. Can anyone recommend someone closer to MetroWest Boston?

Thanks,
-jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

Is that all you need is the injection pump changed? M1010 scares me when it comes to electrical problems. I bought and stripped 5 M1010's because of electrical issues. 1667739041851.png

ssdvc

Cucvrus killed my idea, I was gonna suggest renting a trailer and towing it down to him.
LOL!! I drove my 1009 to him, 6+ hours, with a broken rear differential, for repair. I couldn't find anyone in my area that knew these trucks.

I am learning to wrench on my own truck, but with my recent back surgery, I am very slow and limited in what I can now do. That said, I found someone in my neighborhood who is a certified ASE mechanic (and a bit of a mechanical wiz kid). He agreed to do some of the heavier/more difficult work for me, when he had spare time. It took a little more time to get a few things done, but it worked out great.

fitz

Pine Hill Auto Repair in Holbrook Ma was replacing a 6.2 diesel in an 85ish suburban last year when I got my truck inspected.

They had that truck up & running so I'm confident they can handle your injector pump.

I'm not sure if they have experience on your
M1010's electrical system.

Getting back to my earlier post, I would
consider renting a truck and trailer and making a road trip to get your truck in the hands of a capable CUCV mechanic that can handle your electrical system.

Reactions: jpg

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your on Facebook, Mike Morin in Leominster is always buying, selling, and parting out CUCVs. Maybe he can do it.

fitz

If your on Facebook, Mike Morin in Leominster is always buying, selling, and parting out CUCVs. Maybe he can do it.
Mike's a great guy. I've sold him trucks & parts in the past. Very fair guy to deal with. I'm not sure if he repairs other people's trucks, but he's worth reaching out to.
P.M. if you need his contact info.

He's a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to CUCV's. He's like the Cucvrus of Massachusetts.

jpg

Thanks Guys. It's en route to Hillbilly Wizard. I KNOW he likes doing this kind of work and will fix it right.

I reached out to Mike Morin on FB re parts. I think I got the right guy. His cover photo below:
1668012843107.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks