• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need bows measurements for 5 ton cargo truck

goldneagle

Can someone post the length of the boards that make up the bows for the 5 ton cargo trucks. I bought some new bow corners from Saturn surplus, but I need to fabricate the wood pieces that go between the bow corners.

I plan to use 5/4 pressure treated lumber for the vertical pieces and 3/4 pressure treated plywood ripped 2-1/2" wide for the long top pieces. Oak is too **** expensive! If anyone wants to sell me some good quality bow strips at a good price I am open to that option.

M923_1d.jpgM923_1c.jpgM923_1b.jpg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...or you could just buy some for $20 a complete bow (that I have been paying for the 13 years or so I have been in this hobby). Talk to CARNAC.

wsucougarx

I have some near new oak staves that are CARC green. When I bought my deuce it came with a newly installed cargo cover kit. The staves look as though they have never seen water. PM me if you're interested.

goldneagle

Here are the staves I have. The 10 off the deuce are near new and I found 2 more in close to the same condition. The brown on the staves are the packing tape they had on them when they were packed from the factory.
I do have oak bows as well if you're interested.
Looks good to me! Now all i need is some prices.