• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need bows measurements for 5 ton cargo truck

goldneagle

Can someone post the length of the boards that make up the bows for the 5 ton cargo trucks. I bought some new bow corners from Saturn surplus, but I need to fabricate the wood pieces that go between the bow corners.

I plan to use 5/4 pressure treated lumber for the vertical pieces and 3/4 pressure treated plywood ripped 2-1/2" wide for the long top pieces. Oak is too **** expensive! If anyone wants to sell me some good quality bow strips at a good price I am open to that option.

M923_1d.jpgM923_1c.jpgM923_1b.jpg

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...or you could just buy some for $20 a complete bow (that I have been paying for the 13 years or so I have been in this hobby). Talk to CARNAC.

wsucougarx

I have some near new oak staves that are CARC green. When I bought my deuce it came with a newly installed cargo cover kit. The staves look as though they have never seen water. PM me if you're interested.

goldneagle

Here are the staves I have. The 10 off the deuce are near new and I found 2 more in close to the same condition. The brown on the staves are the packing tape they had on them when they were packed from the factory.
I do have oak bows as well if you're interested.
Looks good to me! Now all i need is some prices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks