• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need coolant heater TM

Rattlehead

I cannot find it on Logsa or in our TM selection. Does anyone have a pdf copy of it? This is for the South Wind powerplant (coolant) heater. Mine does not seem to want to fire.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search, there are lots of posts, for example:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...ewtopic&t=14423&highlight=fuel+burning+heater

I would suggest that you test the fuel control valve to begin with. Hook it up to the fuel pump and loosen the output tubing so that you can measure the fuel flow by the rate it fills a small graduated beaker or something, about 20 ml/minute, slighlty higher in the "HI" mode...

TM 9-2320-211-34-2-4 has a section on the test procedure.

ida34

If you can't figure it out let me know. I have one NOS that I don't think I am going to use. Can't help with a TM.

Rattlehead

Re: RE: Need coolant heater TM

cranetruck said:
Do a search, there are lots of posts, for example:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...ewtopic&t=14423&highlight=fuel+burning+heater

I would suggest that you test the fuel control valve to begin with. Hook it up to the fuel pump and loosen the output tubing so that you can measure the fuel flow by the rate it fills a small graduated beaker or something, about 20 ml/minute, slighlty higher in the "HI" mode...

TM 9-2320-211-34-2-4 has a section on the test procedure.

Bjorn, does the control have to be held in the Start position? I don't think the control valve is allowing fuel in the run mode, if it hasn't been running.

edit, Never mind. I found the instructions for jumpering the control valve.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a picture of my test set up. There are two solenoids on the valve, one shuts off the fuel and one controls the "LO" and "HI" flow rate. I have them operated independently of the control box here with jumper leads to 24vdc and ground.
The fuel pump is not visible, but is running continously with a pressure gauge plumbed in.

Image number two shows the testing of a complete unit. Note the fuel pump, filter and gauge to the left in the image.

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
and never apply more than 15 psi MAX and do not use air pressure to try to clean things out, you will destroy the fuel metering regulator valves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks