• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Dead Deuce Help, Electrical

tklm539

Thanks,

No offense taken. I am not sure that the guys at the shop were all that sure themselves. I will pull the batteries and put a pic up on the site. Might not be for a day or so with work.

Thanks for the help

Tom

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Go to your local Chevy dealer. We all have a Midtronics battery tester which will load test the batteries and tell you if you have any bad cells, low cold cranking amps or if it needs to be charged. Lots of batteries will test good with other testers and flunk the Midtronics.

The thing about the starter is that they usually only go into fail mode once they are hot. Like you've been driving for a while and stop and the thing gets soaked with ambient heat from the exhaust or motor. I would lean toward a junk battery or batteries.

One other thing. These starters have a double solenoid. There is one mounted directly to the top of the starter and then another to the side of the engine block above the starter. I had a really bad time with the one mounted to the block going bad. I bought 2 of them before I finally bypassed it and now rely on the one mounted to the top of the starter. It fixed my intermittent no start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks