• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Florida Vin check signed in Arizona + repost from other thread

Micmada

I am racking my brain in Arizona (deployed there on TDY) to have my Florida vin and mileage certification form signed so I can take it and my auctioned truck to the Florida DMV to make my plates. If anyone knows a brave police officer in Phoenix who would do it for me, thanks, that is all Florida requires (Ie any officer, they do not care )

Sheriff tells me they cannot do it for it is parked out their jurisdiction, MPs on post could but they told me to keep my “thing” off post (the general in command was upset to see that “thing” parked in front of his chapel). Local police says they cannot do it and to ask DMV officers there (ugh! Got the same run around in Cali by CHP and DMV told me they could not), Arizona Highway patrol referred me to private companies doing it for $80 but they are not sure about my Florida form.

I don‘t know. Maybe I am doing this wrong, but the sheer incompetence out here is staggering. Cops in Indiana and Florida have a sort of healthy competence empowerment. Out West it seems very anti police, “we’re police, we’re stupid, we cannot do it” types self hate of the badge. Unbelievable.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorta confused...

So... the truck has been bought at auction and is physically located in Phoenix. You are also in AZ as you are TDY.

You need the VIN verification completed in AZ so you can take the paperwork to the FL. DMV to register the truck?

If that's the case, why not sell the truck to a local that you trust, have them complete AZ paperwork, (registration etc) then sell the truck back to you with clear title, now you just transfer the truck to your name in Fla.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am racking my brain in Arizona (deployed there on TDY) to have my Florida vin and mileage certification form signed so I can take it and my auctioned truck to the Florida DMV to make my plates. If anyone knows a brave police officer in Phoenix who would do it for me, thanks, that is all Florida requires (Ie any officer, they do not care )

Sheriff tells me they cannot do it for it is parked out their jurisdiction, MPs on post could but they told me to keep my “thing” off post (the general in command was upset to see that “thing” parked in front of his chapel). Local police says they cannot do it and to ask DMV officers there (ugh! Got the same run around in Cali by CHP and DMV told me they could not), Arizona Highway patrol referred me to private companies doing it for $80 but they are not sure about my Florida form.

I don‘t know. Maybe I am doing this wrong, but the sheer incompetence out here is staggering. Cops in Indiana and Florida have a sort of healthy competence empowerment. Out West it seems very anti police, “we’re police, we’re stupid, we cannot do it” types self hate of the badge. Unbelievable.
Also might be good if you could be more specific with WHERE exactly in Arizona your truck is (if I inderstand correctly). I know for sure that there are several folks here on SS that are in Arizona. Respectable folks too.

Micmada

Also might be good if you could be more specific with WHERE exactly in Arizona your truck is (if I inderstand correctly). I know for sure that there are several folks here on SS that are in Arizona. Respectable folks too.
Right now in the Phoenix area but would be willing to drive an hour or more at this point to have some LE sign it or have someone help process it for me (I can get a temporary moving permit to drive it there). That is all the Florida DMV require. They said they do not accept the AZ DMV agent to sign it.

That would be great. Maybe PM me if you have some info.

Last edited:

Micmada

Finally got it titled, registration pending the IRS 2290! Oh my. What a drag. I guess they wanted an actual
Florida dealership license number from iron planet, the sf97 and their bobo letter not being enough. Iron Planet had an actual one for Florida. Not sure why in their process they did not automatically send me one with the sf97.

By the way, they want a paper copy with a stamp of that 2290. I thought I could do this electronically.

NotThatGuy

Finally got it titled, registration pending the IRS 2290! Oh my. What a drag. I guess they wanted an actual
Florida dealership license number from iron planet, the sf97 and their bobo letter not being enough. Iron Planet had an actual one for Florida. Not sure why in their process they did not automatically send me one with the sf97.

By the way, they want a paper copy with a stamp of that 2290. I thought I could do this electronically.
Have you tried to obtain a Temporary AZ Registration online? It'll allow you to legally drive the vehicle without getting a ticket for no plates.

It'll also get your vehicle into the AZ MVD System.

Btw, there's a ton of 3rd Party MVD Processing companies that can also help you.

Just a few ideas.

Micmada

Have you tried to obtain a Temporary AZ Registration online? It'll allow you to legally drive the vehicle without getting a ticket for no plates.

It'll also get your vehicle into the AZ MVD System.

Btw, there's a ton of 3rd Party MVD Processing companies that can also help you.

Just a few ideas.
That is what I ended up doing, using a temporary one day registration.

Now I hear from the Florida DMV that if your vehicle is considered a farm vehicle you do not need any of this hassle.

Is there anyway to convert a MV into a farm sprayer and do it that way? I think I will look into it further in terms of title classification.

I know for an RV certification it needs an inspection but never thought of farm vehicle.

Regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks