• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need front springs and bolts?????

KsM715

Use the M105 springs and get someone to send you just the spring hangers and shackles. You should be able to get that stuff in a Flate rate box or 2.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a set I'd let go. Shipping is going to cost a bundle though. I haven't weighed them but they are heavy. I'm going to guess around 100lb per side. PM me if interested.

jatonka

Well, here goes......... I know I'm looking for trouble on this one. The M105 springs are what I prefer for my Deuce conversions to 4x4 trucks. The springs sit out further on the axle for stability, they have the same number of leaves, the same width, and same thickness per leaf as the deuce front springs........ And, they have the helper spring pack on top for a correct truck rear suspension. They will need a 4 inch riser block, with the lower 1" extended over the axle index pin to keep the springs and axle aligned at all times. And, if you want shocks on the rear you will need a set of deuce front spring lower plates.
I build these trucks both ways and I feel the M105 spring setup in the rear is a better ride. JT

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a PM to BBF. He's in PT St Lucie and has some trucks in Martin County that he is parting. He has everything you need and within driving distance.

197thhhc

Hey Jatonka, I have heard the 105 springs ride better. My question is about mounting. Using blocks or sectioning the 105 frame. I have seen the frame section ing on a few trucks and you dont need blocks. It has a even ride height. I dont see a downside to it because the frame on a 105 is designed as a 1 1/2 ton and the single axle on a bobbed deuce would be rated the same. I am sure this has been addressed before but I am new and would like some opinions. Thanks, Ted

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you guys do for bump stops if you use trailer springs now that the leafs are not directly under the frame?