• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need fuel line for a MEP002

mvarnold

hi, I hope I'm on the correct thread. I fired up my MEP002 today and discovered a leak in the last soft fuel line. This is the one that connects to the ell from the last fuel filter to the high pressure fuel pump. Can anyone sell one or direct me to a vendor that might have this part? Thanks in advance, Michael Arnold (central PA)

Guyfang

Staff member
Partner,

Put the part number in your browser. It will hit a bunch of places. But I would tell you to simply go to a hose shop, truck repair shop or anyplace that makes hoses, and have it fabbed up. I would get stainless steel braided hose. You will never again in your life, or your grandkids life, need to fool with it again. And it cant cost more than some of the places who MIGHT have it for sale. If you want it fast, get it fabbed.

The military had you make the line, it was not suposed to be orderable in one piece. The way to know that is to look in TM 9-6115-584-24P, Figure 17, for the hose. The SMR code for the hose assy. was MOOO. That means order the hose, and separately the fittings, to be assembled by Organizational Maintenance Personnel. Having said that, I once ordered it by part number, and got it. But had to wait forty forevers.

Do you have the TM's for the gen set? If not, they are in the TM section here in SS.

Chainbreaker

Yep as Guyfang recommends, just take your hose to a hydraulic hose shop and they should be able to make you a replacement hose while you wait.

Or...if you want to be able to build your own hoses (on some hoses you can even reuse your fittings). One supplier that gets good recommendations is Summit Racing where you can buy just about any type of hose you want, including SST. Once you select the fuel line type, there is a filter where you can designate that you want only the diesel compatible hose and it will only bring those up.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...294951003&GroupBy=ProductName&GridPageSize=20

mvarnold

hi all and thanks again for the info. This is a great site. The rubber hose was attached to a brass barbed connector on each end, so it was a simple replacement with a reinforced rubber diesel compatible hose segment.