• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help All, I have an M101a2 with the new style M101a3 frM101a2/a3 Front Land Gear

marsman

All,
I have an M101a2 with the new style M101a3 front landing gear. My gear will come down when no weight is on it but retracts when weight is put on it. It will also not crank down with weight on it. I have taken it apart the best I could. The gears are turning fine and it is well greased.
I could use some advice on how to remedy this issue.
Thank you and Mary Christmas.

marsman

Yes, there is a spring loaded locking pin. It was dirty. I gut it cleaned and re greased. I am thinking that Stonepicker1 is right, there must be a pin shirred somewhere inside.

marsman

This part works great now( thanks for the idea). I used some white lithium grease. When I crank down the gear it will not support the wight of the trailer. I am still stuck of this part.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a stripped nut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks