• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help asap

scoutdoors1000

I had the same issue with my truck. Here is the deal I faced. The starter I tried to put on was 12v and it fit a chevy blazer....but was not the correct 24v starter. A lot of people thing it will simply spin faster. BUT it will not. I think I had the problem because, as I was told the "ground" on the 24 v starter is not actually ground and the starter sees current at all times thus it tries to start up when you touch the cable to the battery. (does this make sense to anyone) Anywho got the 24 volt starter and hooked it up and she sounds great.

Make dern sure you have a 24 v starter. I got mine off ebay for approx $108 new.

downrangecop

That makes sense scout. Now if I can only get my starter here... Ordered it Thursday, according to the company it shipped overnight Thursday, and then POOF, it vaporized. Nobody knows where it is!

scoutdoors1000

That stinks man. when I got mine the sucker was listed as being on the truck for 48 hours. It was strange almost like the guys said ....."you know what, I think I dont want to go back to work today; I think I will go to the bar." Then it showed up. Strange. All I can say about my experience....thank GOD for nice people and New Castle Indiana

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news!