• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help- Box Seat Removal

Jimma

I am switching out my box seat for a spring seat on my deuce. The only problem is I cannot get a wrench on the four bolts on the inside corners that secure the seat box to ther floor. I cannot get a standard opened eneded wrench on them with much success or a socket because they are so close in the corners. I need help. Does anyone have a reasonable suggestion. I dont want to destroy the box because its going in another friends truck that needs it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I would do is clearance it a bit. Take a chisel and gently hammer it between the head of the bolt and the box to dimple it out a bit and then do the same with a socket on an extension. Your friend will thank you for the dimples when he can install it with a socket instead of an open end wrench.

Jimma

I found a cheaper opened end wrench and a cheaper socket that had thinner walls and with a extension got them out. Most wrenches and sockets were too larger or had too thick of walls to work.

dittle

If you were using impact sockets this would be an issue. Non-impact sockets are a lot thinner walled.

oddshot

I, for one, appreciate all the gentleness and care that you are using removing this box seat.

Thank you for resisting the temptation to use the every popular and oh-so-handy smoke wrench.

Since that box is going on her side of the truck, my wife thanks you too!:-D

oddshot

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I gotta ask soldier B how he managed to get the box seat out. I was working on the springer and sent him to the truck to pull it. A couple minutes later he was back.

Ended up putting it on the passenger side since I didn't want to loose the storage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks