• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help buying a Deuce not sure its the right buy!!!!!!!!!

Pig Pen

My next door neighbor has a Deuce, at the back of his property. I asked him about it a year ago and he said he'll think about it. So he came by the house yesterday and said he would let it go for $1500.00. I said let me think about it. I haven't really checked it out but this is what i know it has the REO Motor in and I want a multifuel. but then i thought about putting a 5.9 cummins w/ nv4500 that i have in my 1990 W/D 250. My thing is I want to drive it around town before I start taking it a part. Eventually Im going to do a bob job and lift etc. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

It's a CA truck no rust, no dents, glass is good, has a winch.

Pig Pen

it's in good shape man besides the fact its Gumball yellow. I just want to make sure its not sacrilege to pull that motor and put a 5.9 cummins in it

dmetalmiki

In my humble opinion..it is. But then why would you not wish to enjoy a screaming turbo, free fuel. and quite adequate performance. Had a cummins engine in zill once, didn't rate it all that much (even with an 8 speed gearbox). Reckon a truck without the "whistle" is just..another truck.

Jeepsinker

You obviously haven't seen a large displacement six cylinder gasoline driven military engine run. It can be mistaken for a diesel by the black smoke. Only the sound gives it away. But you'll be lucky to get 4mpg with it. Buy it, burn a tank of fuel around town for fun, then pull the motor and drop a multifuel in it. You should be able to find one for $800 or less.

I'm sure someone else will want the gas motor.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a steal at $1500. The winch is worth $1000 by itself. ... if it runs and drives I see no way you can go wrong....

I'd love to sell you my deuce, but bang for the buck on that yellow one can't be beat...

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd buy it. BTW, I have a rebuilt multifuel in the container if you desire to do a motor swap. PM if interested.

Pig Pen

Ill get some this week end working late this week so if this job doesnt run in to the week end. its been a year since i have seen it, well last deer season.