• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help buying

joeypushjr1

i found a place around me that has deuces and 5tons they
were closed today so i couldnt get in the gate .. and web site dont tell me much ...what should i look out for while
inquiring about one.. or should i just wait and do gl?? there ...www.[B]samwinermotors[/B].com... what do ya think

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is a crap shoot. With Sam Winer you'll get a truck ready to go. I'd make sure it has a air shift t-case. Everything else is just personal preference.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
why air t- case
The sprag shift t-case is ok as long as it's working right but they're a pain to keep it adjusted and working right and the sprag is just something else to wear out. Every sprag case I've seen wasn't working right either from needing adjusting or just plain wore out. Unless you're going to restore to factory specs a older duece you want the air shift.

poppop

You can get some good deals on GL. It is best to inspect first if you can. I got lucky with my Duece as I bought it site unseen. It was the worse looking one on that sale. The bed showed patches and rust. The other 12 were fresh out of rebuild so thats the ones everyone wanted. I got it for $1240.00 plus the fee and taxes. Took batterys and it started right up. The bed had been swapped off another truck. The rest was in very good shape. The alternater was missing was the only problem. A friend of mine just bought 2. One he inspected and paid 2150.00 plus fees and drove it home. The other site unseen was an excellent truck. His max bid was never tested and he got it for $1750.00. All it needed was batterys and started right up. It even had some goodies in the tool box. My advice is if you buy from GL stay cheap unless you can check the truck out. You just have to watch all the sales and be there at the right time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks