• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help deciding to buy M1009

sps8072

From what I've seen,
"NF03V6" on driver's door is the registration#, "MONG" on front pass. bumper may be Missouri National Guard. The 1138P, I'm scratching my head on- probably a unit designation.

The person to ask, who really knows his stuff cold, is on this site w/ the user name of "carnac". Do a search for the "vin info" thread, and you should be able to find him.
Give him as much info as you can (look at driver's side data plate- at the door latch, on your b pillar), including the serial number(vin), when your agency got the truck and the registration#(NF03V6).
He should be able to tell you which unit had the truck last, and what the markings mean.
Here's another link that might help:
U.S. MILITARY VEHICLES: MARKINGS

You found the right site for info and support for the M1009. Members here have helped me immeasurably on my quest to maintain and restore my M1009's (have 2 w/ a 3rd on the way).

I'd have to concur with the others- buy it, you know you want it. If you have to justify it to a wife/gf as many of us do, point out that it is easy to fix, parts(for the most part) are cheap, it goes great through the snow, and gets 20+ mpg. Compared to most "modern" full size SUVs, it's an "economy car". How's that for a chuckle- early 80's, nutz n'bolts technology w/ no computer gadgetry.:smile:

Good Luck

bullfrog

On closer inspection, the bottom of the drivers side rocker is completely rusted out. Passenger is rusted out in a 6" section. So both will need to be cut and replaced.

1 hour left to bid......

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam I really like your new Avatar. That pink one is so perty you should put a bow on it.

Since I found so much rust on mine I have to give you crap for getting the best one of the 3:p