• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help figuring out what devices are

Riverbend

Hello, I am a newbie with my first CUCV K5, after I got it home and started exploring it I fpounf some electrical devices that I am not sure their functions, one I am pretty sure is a solar panel mounted on the hood for battery charging.
The other 2 are 1 is a box that says battery tender and it is connected to 2 thinner blocks with covers and underneath the covers it looks like a wiring terminal there are 2 of those inside and 2 more under the hood mounted to the firewall. The batteries have the usual battery cables and an extra smaller connection that may be tied in with what I have described. There is a 110v plug coming out of the 3 on the inside. These are photo's of the devices.electrical devices on cucv 003.jpg
electrical devices on cucv 007.jpgelectrical devices on cucv 006.jpgelectrical devices on cucv 005.jpgelectrical devices on cucv 004.jpgIf anyone has a clue what these are and how to use it, please let me know.

scottladdy

Hello, I am a newbie with my first CUCV K5, after I got it home and started exploring it I fpounf some electrical devices that I am not sure their functions, one I am pretty sure is a solar panel mounted on the hood for battery charging.
The other 2 are 1 is a box that says battery tender and it is connected to 2 thinner blocks with covers and underneath the covers it looks like a wiring terminal there are 2 of those inside and 2 more under the hood mounted to the firewall. The batteries have the usual battery cables and an extra smaller connection that may be tied in with what I have described. There is a 110v plug coming out of the 3 on the inside. These are photo's of the devices.View attachment 402796
View attachment 402800View attachment 402799View attachment 402798View attachment 402797If anyone has a clue what these are and how to use it, please let me know.
1) The thin white covers cover up the 24 volt bus. The battery tender is a battery charger that is also supposed to de-sulfate the batteries.
2) The Optima Blue Tops have additional terminals. Looks like the PO utilized them to wire something.
3) Could use some tidying up. See #1
4) Web Search Solargizer. A solar powered de-sulfator. Some would consider it redundant to the battery tender.
5) Clean those terminals!

I hope this helps.

Welcome to the addiction!

Skinny

Congrats on the CUCV purchase...post up more photos of your new truck!

You should probably pick either the battery tender or solargizer and ditch the other. You really only need one of them. That solargizer install looks like someone did it at night with a pocket knife in the rain. I would get rid of it or clean it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks