• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help finding electrical connector for Deuce

sp00n

What style is the plug to fit the accessory socket on the outside of a Deuce cab? I want to fabricate a "work light" to run off of it. Does it have a built in ground already in the connector?

sp00n

Wow, they are absurdly expensive. There is only one hit on ebay and its a 20' cable with two of the 1 pin nato ends that are in "poor but usable" condition for 125$. There were some new MFG plugs I discovered from googling, but each plug (only the plug) was well over 100$

I suppose I will make my own quick detachable outlet instead.

jimmcld

Try searching eBay for an accessory NATO plug. The standard Nato plug is made for jumping off a dead battery and will carry 500 amps. However, they are now making them for accessory use only. They will not carry near the amperage but are a lot less expensive. You can get a new one for around $30.

Boatcarpenter

spOOn,
Keep looking on Ebay for some oddball slave plug adapter. I found this one for maybe 20 bucks. Got a24 volt mil spotlight with magnetic base with 20 or so feet of cord with no end on it for not much money either.
I just put a Bendix connector on to connect to the one on the slave adapter. Can put the light anywhere you need light on the truck.
I also use the adapter to power the fuel pump in my auxillary tank in the bed of the truck to transfer fuel to the main tank.
Just keep looking and be creative.
BC

Attachments