• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help fitting a cargo cover

Jimma

I purchased a camo cargo cover today from a fellow SS member and have some questions abut fitting it and and attaching it correctly. I have the cover centered on the back of the truck and in the front it is pulled down even with the top lip of the bed. However, on the front corners there seems to be extra material. Should this extra material be folded toward the middle of the front of the cover and criss cross the front tie downs or what. It appears there is too much material on the front corners draping down????? I am going to try to attach some pictures to help you all understand what I am talking about. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Capt.Marion

Looks entirely different from my 3-color camo Vinyl top... yours has grommets while mine uses supercord.

Yours appears to be lacking the vents at the top corners on the back, the back curtain, and the rear-view window that unzips in the center of the front panel (there would be one on the back curtain too)

tm america

Looks right to me ..Folds toward the back and ties off to the second hook.some of them came with vents some without,,Some used rope some rubber cord. depends on who and when they were made. ...

Jimma

Thats what I thought. I have seen vents and no vents and ropes and others with rubber cord. It fits I just was not sure how to secure the front corners. Thanks for your input.

jasonjc

Sorry but that is NOT the right cover for the truck. That looks to be for a 5 ton. It should only come down in the front about the same as the rear. About 10"-12" not all the way to the bed. You then need a front and rear end curtin for that cover. The one with the vents are the one pice that have the ends built in.

airmech3839

It should be split for the corners if it is a solid cover.. Like the vynil ones that the guys are talking about! How far are you from Augusta Jimma? Maybe I could drive out and help you determine the proper instillation.

Tracy
706-799-8225