• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help ID M1151 interior rack.

signsup

Picked up a M1151 for the slant back to put on my M998. I have two antennas on the M998 but no actual radios. I like the look of the dual whip antennas. The M1151 had this rack bolted on top of the a/c unit between the two rear seats. I have no idea if this is a radio rack, ammo can rack or what... Measures approx 19" x 25" and has the four straps and clips. Would think radio would have more permanent attachment, but I don't know.
If radio rack, what radio would I look for to put a dummy inside . A dummy radio, that is, not another dummy like me.

rack from 1151.JPG

signsup

I tried the NATO .50 cal and they were too small. I had a .20 mm can and it fit perfectly on the length, but two cans let a large gap and three cans would not fit. So, I'll see if I can pick up some .40mm cans. I like that look inside the cab as well.
This M1151 also has two jerry can brackets, one on eash iside sponson. I presume this is for water and not fuel inside the hatch?
Thanks for the info.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel can holders are normally on the floor and have a drain hose through the body.
They are different than the water ones. Both abs plastic not the ole school universal metal ones.

signsup

No drain hose under either carrier, so presume both for water. Boy, with the slant back closed and two 5 gal. water cans back there, very little room for actual cargo.
Interesting note on the 40mm ammo can bracket on the a/c unit. Pulled about 25 empty brass, some live rounds and several metal links for belt fed machine gun rounds, so presumed SAW type weapon mounted on the turrent, not a gernade launcher. But, maybe the rack was in all humvees and did not mean it had that weapon. The straps were tighten down and the excess was zip tied like they were not used much for actual ammo storage. Four cans in this rack really fill the interior space, so I may modify for the NATO .50 cal round cans.jerry can bracket.JPG

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hard to tell with the dirt but look at the indentation in the middle of the bottom 2 screws and clean out to see if it is hollow or look directly under the bed where screwed down and see if you have a black plastic nipple. Hose could be long gone. Also has a slant to it.

Water can bracket/carrier is the 2nd pic

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600b.jpg

signsup

As expected, the 40mm amo cans would really fill up the rear. But it would give us some extra storage compartments. Can't find a replica MK19 gernade launcher to go with the ammo cans, though.

Attachments

signsup

Yes, Gov Planet did not detail the Humvee prior to delivery, so plenty of Ft. Benning dirt inside and out. I pulled one of the plastic holders and, yes, not only nipple on bottom, but short rubber drain hose down through bottom of tub. If I install them in my M998 for appearance, I may ot drill the large hold for the drain hose but clip off the nipple so it mounts flush. Empty jerry cans for appearance only.jerry can bracket 2.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks