• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifying missing air valve on M1090

crownfire

I have an M1090 that's missing some sort of air valve that's located just behind and below the front service gladhand. There are two 3/8" airlines that have been connected to each other prior to it getting to me that appear to have once gone to the valve. The TM shows a front axle QR valve that has three ports but I only have two lines that aren't connected. Also, when I push the brake pedal, air comes out of the front service gladhand. Not sure if these are related. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would also be helpful if someone could take a picture of their correct air lines and valves in this area.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use search term "refuses" in the FMTV forum for a discussion on what is located there. Thread started by NDT.

crownfire

I found the thread you're referring to. The pictures and info all appear to be the check valve and Tee in the emergency gladhand line. The part I'm missing bolts to the bracket in the picture I posted. It's located behind and to the lower left of the service gladhand. The bracket is welded to the same crossmember that the service gladhand bracket is welded to.

DSD277

From the pic and my memory, that looks like the quick release valve for the front brakes. My M1094 was missing it when I got it in '12

crownfire

Thanks. That's what I thought too but I could only find the supply and left brake lines. After further looking, it appears that the right brake line was connected to the bulkhead fitting in the attached pictures. It was only hand tight and is the exact length to go to the QR valve. Maybe the length is a coincidence and maybe the line is supposed to be connected to that bulkhead fitting. Do you know what this fitting is for? It's located on the underside of the cab. Could the missing QR valve be the cause of air coming from the front service gladhand when the brake pedal is depressed or is this unrelated? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

crownfire

Underside of cab is vent. Front service gladhand leaking is bad check valve or valves under cab drivers side by steer box.
Thanks. So there should be no lines connected to the vent on the underside of the cab correct? It should vent to atmosphere if I’m understanding this correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks