• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifying this on fuel filter housing

ARYankee

I have looked at Figure 18 in the 289-20P TM for the fuel filter housing and how it is assembled. I'm having issues with what connects to the line that I have circled in the picture. I didn't take this apart so I have no clue if anything goes there that is why I am asking here. I may be missing something in the TM which I'm hoping some one will gladly point out.

Attachments

O.D. Fever

That is the air purge, with the engine running or cranking open the black knob on top ,air then fuel will come out. There shoud be a hose on it(clear) so you can see the air/fuel, and it will dump on the ground or in a bucket.

boomer431

Thats where you bleed the air from the filter. Some will have a clear tube attached to direct the fuel to a container when you bleed it .

ARYankee

Thanks. Of course after I posted this I ran across it in the 289-20 TM where it talks about bleeding the system and there it was. I figured I would have jumped the gun and posted here too quickly. I'll eventually quit that.