• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help - installing 803a fuel gauge

CJU

Newbie here!

I bought a Fuel Gauge for my 803a from Green Mt. Generators. Old one pegged to the left when tank is full of fuel. The electrical posts don't line up or seem to be the same as the posts on the original fuel gauge. Can someone help with the install directions please? Do I need to drill holes in the cross bar that the original posts goes through to hold it in place? And how do I attach the wires? It was $90 so I don't want to burn it up. I am not a good electrician so I wish it had come with instruction for wiring, but it didn't. So just trying to get it put together correctly......!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Attachments

CJU

I would call GM and tell them they owe you the bracket to hold the meter in.

Read this PS Mag article and then test/inspect as needed.

Thanks.... for the help. I'll check it out and see what I can do. This is helpful just to know that the wiring and torque is pretty sensitive. Best to be careful.

CJU

Good advice. I don't need to reinvent the wheel. I hope GMG is good to work with. Thanks a bunch!!
I had read where Beede wasn't making the gauge any longer........ It had to be true because I read it on the internet. Next time I come here for advice before I drop down the cash.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They aren't making the gauge any more, that is correct. I just happen to have that Beede fuel gauge in stock.

CJU

Ray70

To the OP, Are you sure the problem is your gage and not your sender?
Pegging the gage is a classic sign of a broken wire or a bad sending unit.
However I have seen gages with one of the fine wires broken inside which can also peg the gage, just not that common.