• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help m1008 electrical

bryab123

so i thought i had all my electrical problems fixed my starter was toasted so i bought a new one and 2 new batteries and a new starter relay. well today almost two weeks later i moved the truck around and turned it off and walked away. then i heard the starter spinning but it wasnt cranking the motor by the time i got the battery cables off it had already started melting the insulation off the wires. i pulled the starter relay and took it apart and the contacts had welded themselves together. then i let it cool down and tried to manually cross over the relay to make it start nothing no clicking cranking or anything just a dead short. did my starter die or my relay malfunction? what would cause this i thought i had it all fixed. but man was i wrong.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guessing that the relay failed and in turn the starter may have fried cranking for so long. Best to pull the starter and have it tested. Replace the relay and all of the damaged wires.
Good luck!