• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help please ?

sweetk30

i found a super good local yard to me that sells 2.5 tons and has lots of parts in stock.

my bigest question is of the 2 multi fuel turbo options what turbo is best to have ?

the socalled whistler turbo is a thinner exaust housing style.

the non whistler exaust housing style ?

i have my choice as to both. i would like to find the best deal for the best bang for the buck.

this guy is going to get my money as he is great prices / great condition for the area / good parts on hand and need abulity needs / plus close to my house and needs.

so i am looking at the best deal for the best buck .

let me know what you know on this thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Both turbos have the larger exhaust. The non turbo has the small exhaust. D turbo is quiet, C is loud. That is the biggest differance in turbos. It looks like that answers most of your questions, anything else?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
In my tinkering with both turbos on the same motor, I found the C turbo puts out a little less boost than the D turbo (1-2 lbs at the same fuel rate) but it sounds really cool. The turbo whine does get old on really long drives though. If you love the turbo sound then go with the C.

saddamsnightmare

January 27th, 2008.

I have most likely a normally aspirated M35A2, as the exhaust drops straight to the "J" pipe, and permit me to say that in any case, your neighbors are going to know you have a deuce when you fire it up, and when you move it, the normally aspirated's can bark pretty loud under load too, and the "C" turbos can be heard a half mile away when they are accellerating- so in any case- GET YOUR EAR PROTECTORS ON. The neighbors are going to love you- I just hope you're not in a covenanted subdivision, for storage costs elsewhere will add up- and they generally won't let you keep the truck at home. Here in Texas they pretty much accept the military trucks if they run, but the guy's with the jacked up diesel pickups can get pretty pissed at the larger truck upstaging them (and ours cost SO MUCH LESS!! heh, heh!!!), but that's their problem, right?
Good thing you have a parts source nearby, as finding some of the minor items, like NF thread blts, can be a painin the derriere here in the rural areas, not all hardware stores still carry them. IN any case, Welcome to the club, one of the few, the proud, the Deuce owners (with apologies to the USMC).

Congratuations and cheers!!

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Mercedes Bens Unimog S404.114 (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Verteran Deuce

sweetk30

thanks guys. info was just what i needed to know.

as to my trucks no problems with my area i live in. its still a small town/ city area. 98% good people in my block. and the other 2% wont last long .

i have a farmer friend 20 min from me were i store some of my rides . he is cool with it. and if he needs somthing i help if i can.

sounds like the c turbo is going to be my choice. . . :twisted: