• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help priming NHC250

captcarc

I bought the case of filters from Stonepicker and switched out the filter without a hitch and with no problems restarting after. The canister was lined with lots of crud and the filter was pre-historic. What prompted the filter replacement was that the engine performance had degraded to barely being able to run. After filter replacement, I got the truck up to 50mph. However, twice when really pressing the loud pedal, the engine completely died as it coasted to a stop. Both times it restarted and I drove it back home. I'm thinking (hoping) that I'm still burning through crud and old fuel.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tight
Do you use Teflon tape on the threads?

I myself do not get Teflon tape near a injection system. They only time I do use Teflon if I have to stop the fitting at a certain angle. If I want just tight I use a liquid blocker.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the case of filters from Stonepicker and switched out the filter without a hitch and with no problems restarting after. The canister was lined with lots of crud and the filter was pre-historic. What prompted the filter replacement was that the engine performance had degraded to barely being able to run. After filter replacement, I got the truck up to 50mph. However, twice when really pressing the loud pedal, the engine completely died as it coasted to a stop. Both times it restarted and I drove it back home. I'm thinking (hoping) that I'm still burning through crud and old fuel.
You have an air leak in the fuel line betwen the filter and PT pump, Or, the oring under the center bolt plate, (small square washer) under the bolt head, is not seated properly. Both conditions will not leak fuel , however will suck air under full throttle applications.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks