• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help quick

v8jeeptj

In the middle of replacing my IP. I just opened the intake gaskets and the new ones do not have the metal block off that covers up the hole for the emissions. I think it is a mater of a J code or C code motor. Can I still use these?

Westech

CPL
so your heads are not J code? It has been a couple years sense I have tore apart a 6.2, I thought that the J code engines did not have the cross over passages for the EGR like the C code engines did. I don't even think the intake would cover then up. Can you send a pic of what you have going on?

I did a little searching on line and its not 100% clear but I do see the tin covers on the J code..... I would say you NEED THEM. if there is a exhaust cross over port that tin acts like a head shield so the intake wont melt or warp.

Ok more research and the heads are the same just the intakes are different (I knew that about the intakes) It will seal the intake gasket but like I said you would like to have the cover but it should be fine with out the cover.

Last edited: