• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help retrieving Georgia Deuce back to Louisiana (drive there and back)

H

Hank.

My friend Justin might not be able to go to Georgia next weekend to recover my newly purchased 1970 M35A2 with me and bring it back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I would like someone to drive with me over to Georgia and let me drive the deuce back home. I will pay expenses. I plan on leaving Friday, March 4th and returning on Saturday, March 5th.

I would prefer someone with deuce experience to let me know if there is anything of concern when we arrive in Georgia before the trek home. I will be bringing an assortment of tools, fluids, etc. But, I may miss something that an experienced MV enthusiast would normally bring.

If anyone is interested please let me know.
:driver:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would go but im up to my neck in more projects than i can think of.. i hope you can find someone to help out.. :grd:

H

Hank.

Well, it looks like my wife and I will be making the trip together. I will read up on the manuals and bring plenty of tools, fluids, spare parts, etc. I realize I asked for help in a short time, so I will have to deal with that.

Could some members along the way provide me contact information in case a major failure occurs? I would appreciate it! PM me if necessary.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bring some oil and the right gear oil for the axles and the transmission and transfer. dot 5 brake fluid .. the usual tools .. jumper cables... flashlights.. and earing protection for both of you.. stop after a hour or so and check the hub temps.. dont get in a hurry... drive safe

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
PM sent.

H

Hank.

With a suggestion from clinto I am posting my route to pickup the deuce. If anyone is close by, again, please PM me contact information if you are able to help in case I break down.

Thanks for all of the support thus far! This forum community is amazing.

Attachments

Last edited:

davidkroberts

make sure you bring more fuel filters.... ask me how i knowaua. Oh and I dont know if anyone has ever told you but the windshield weatherstipping like to leak like crazy in the rain so you might want to bring some duck tape to seal it from the inside or it will no kidding be like its raining inside too. I would go ahead and throw some seafoam in the diesel and Lucas oil in the engine just for good measure. I like to keep my RPM at about 2250 for longer trips. That is usually around 50 mph (ish). the stock seat will kill your back and a memory foam or similar pad is priceless.

im overseas or i would go, i like recovery trips. if it doesnt work out call Eric at HotShot Transport and he can usually move it for about what driving it will cost. Sorry i dont have his number here.

jluv1185

Sorry Hank, I feel like a bad friend:sad:. If I could get off and wasn't on call this weekend I would be game. I'm working on a list right now of stuff to bring. I'll go over it with you wednesday when you come over for deuce 101. Hope all goes well! :driver:
P.s. you must have a good woman!

H

Hank.

If the deuce breaks on the way home she might not be my wife anymore. :) Pray for a successful recovery!

H

Hank.

Well, I leave for Georgia today at 4pm. I pick the deuce up Friday at lunch time.

If anyone lives in Mississippi or Alabama please send me contact information in case of an issue. Thanks in advance!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be in the Macon area Saturday afternoon to get another truck. I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. If you run in to any problems in the Macon area on your way back let me know (I will PM you my cell phone number in a minute). I added a pic of what I will be driving up there.

Hope you have a safe trip.

Ruppster

Attachments