• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help sourcing/finding M135 brake fitting

Big green

Hi everyone, Thought id introdeuce my baby first
Total bush find while mountain biking in the back country years ago.
Came across this beauty and had to bring her home.
Dragged her off the mountain side with a big loader to her new home.
hadn't run in 15 years,
Drained the tank cleaned carb and she fired to life.

1956 m135 and I use is every season for fire wood on our property.
all original all stock, impressively fires up in -20 degrees Celsius

So here's my issue:
Where can I find the brake fitting in the picture. They are made out of brass and I guess I must have over tightened them to cause it gushed brake fluid, and my first instinct when something leaks is to tighten more which made it worse, that's when I looked closer I noticed a crack, and was like Ohh Yah nice work?
I'm going through all my wheel cylinders, so I'm thinking if one broke I should probably have a couple extra kicking around.

Are these brake fittings NLA
Should I think of custom making something
Where can I source a replacement part.
Local parts store never seen a fitting like such
Alfa heaven??

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi everyone, Thought id introdeuce my baby first
Total bush find while mountain biking in the back country years ago.
Came across this beauty and had to bring her home.
Dragged her off the mountain side with a big loader to her new home.
hadn't run in 15 years,
Drained the tank cleaned carb and she fired to life.

1956 m135 and I use is every season for fire wood on our property.
all original all stock, impressively fires up in -20 degrees Celsius

So here's my issue:
Where can I find the brake fitting in the picture. They are made out of brass and I guess I must have over tightened them to cause it gushed brake fluid, and my first instinct when something leaks is to tighten more which made it worse, that's when I looked closer I noticed a crack, and was like Ohh Yah nice work?
I'm going through all my wheel cylinders, so I'm thinking if one broke I should probably have a couple extra kicking around.

Are these brake fittings NLA
Should I think of custom making something
Where can I source a replacement part.
Local parts store never seen a fitting like such
Alfa heaven??
Welcome to the Outfit! And, congratulations on your new-to-you truck too! Snap us a picture of the fitting just to be sure... Maybe a few of your truck too. We like pictures around here!

Can't quite tell exactly where you are from your description (header block) for your account. There is a few places close by that would have the fittings that you need - guessing that you are here in the states.

Again, Welcome to the outfit!

AND if you happen to be brand new and need help uploading pictures - be sure to ask one of the administrators to help!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks