• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help With a Trailer ID

Texas TT

I bought one of these off GL. Still waiting on the EUC paperwork, but I am trying to find out more about it.

It looks like a generator trailer with a built in fuel tank. It also looks like it may have electric brakes (I can see the break away box) & an interesting folding tongue.

GL did not have any info (no data plate). They say that it weighs 5,000 lb, but I am guessing that was with the generator still attached.

I tried google several times, but did could not find an exact match. Does anyone know anything more about these?

Attachments

doolest

if I remember right there were 3 + yours at hooks in last weeks auction...were the data plates missing on all of them or just yours? I sent GL an email on one asking what it really weighed (might be yours) 2nd time I haven't gotten a response from them...I am guessing that is might be for a portable generator that can be removed from the trailer and left...I couldn't find anything on them when I was looking at them last week....would be interested to know what you find out on them

Texas TT

btw where in dfw r u located?

I got one of the ones from the Hooks auction. They seemed to have some cool features, but the info GL posted was sketchy. There were not any data plates on any of them. I am guessing that it weighs 1000-1200 or so.

I am over in Sunnyvale (near Mesquite).

doolest

I was thinking that they looked like they would weight about what you are thinking...I got my m105a2 from hooks back in may....I am over in southwest Fort Worth....when I called the hooks gl office back before I bought mine the first person that answered the phone couldn't answer much....I called and asked a second question and got someone else that was very helpful....total a luck of the draw...some gl locations have some really great people that will really try to find the info you are looking for....others not so much....hopefully your EUC comes pretty quickly

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailers are wired with both civy 12v leds and the standard military 24v led light and bucket. It does have a saddle belly fuel tank maybe 40-50 gal?. I don't recall it having electric brakes. I think the box is for the wiring and it also has a small battery in that box. I have seen some in MS but did not pay attention if it had electric brakes. 3dangus has previewed them at Robbins when some came up in the spring. Pm him as he has looked at one closely. He might also be able to give insight. They do not look to be that heavy but are quite tall with the humve rims and tires.

86m1028

What are your plans for the trailer ?

If you plan on changing wheels & tires out, I would be interested in them.

Im just north of you in Murphy (near Richardson/Plano).

Last edited:

Texas TT

What are your plans for the trailer ?

If you plan on changing wheels & tires out, I would be interested in them.

Im just north of you in Murphy (near Richardson/Plano).
I was thinking of turning it into an expedition type trailer. However, I am not real sure on the dimensions. If it turns out to be too much work to modify, then I will just sell it and look for something else. Basically it looked cool & the price was right, so I took a chance.

I will keep you in mind if I remove the wheels.

86m1028

I was thinking of turning it into an expedition type trailer. However, I am not real sure on the dimensions. If it turns out to be too much work to modify, then I will just sell it and look for something else. Basically it looked cool & the price was right, so I took a chance.

I will keep you in mind if I remove the wheels.
Keep in touch
If you do decide it wont work, would you consider a trade for a m101 trailer ?

Texas TT

EUC came through & I picked this up today. It had a civi 4 pin setup for one set of lights. Tires are brand new. The tank is huge! It seems to be bolted in though.

The electric brakes seem to just be part of a breakaway system. I still need to check it over to see if they work though. It has two hand parking brakes as well.

In all, quite a few nice features.

There are a few other things I need to research.

Towed pretty well behind my little V6 & is light enough for me to move around by myself.

The width is OK, but it is about a foot longer than I would like it to be. I could probably hack it down & re-weld it. More work than I wanted to get into, but it is doable.

I looked up what some similar sized generator trailers with tanks go for & they seem to be pricey. I might just list it up on CL and see if anyone bites.

gentrl1.jpggentrl2.jpggentrl3.jpggentrl4.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an interesting trailer. the hinged tongue is very interesting. I don't think I've seen that before. Any data plate?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks