• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with m1008 - just purchased

troop2865

I just purchased an m1008 at governent liquadator auction. It has 26,000 miles. When I got it, the negative battery cable was cut at both ends. I replaced it and put a couple of batteries in it. When I started crankimg the en gine, coolant was blowing out of a small hose that was cut off (there were two side ny side that had been cut off. They are on the passenger side toward the rear of the engine and the larger hose, looks like the size of fuel line. They come from under the rear of the intake manifold (I guess that is what it is- I am not familiar with the diesel. Can anyone tell me what these hoses are? Can I simply cap them. It appears there may have been something bolted to the upper passenger side firewall that is now missing. Could those hoses have gone to something mounted on the firewall. Please help. Thanks

troop2865

I feel pretty stupid. I was working on taking axles out from under my M715, and took a couple of minutes to throw some different batteries in the M1008 to see if I could start it. My wife was assisting and said it was blowing coolant out of the hose. I did not have time to mess with it and went back to the axle removal. I jsut checked and it is diesel fuel. Where are the lines supposed to go and where does the filter mount? Is there a diagram available? Thanks for your help.

troop2865

In reading one of the other posts, it appears the fuel filter/heater that mounted on the firewall was removed. There are two wires that have been cut and I assume they went to the heater. The fuel lines were also cut. Is it best to replace this with a stock unit (it appears everything is missing-bracket etc.) or something after market? Any suggestions?

Tnrobocop

Good god they cannabilized it, or just decided to be some jerks.

Anyways since it is missing, you might as well replace the fuel filter from stock to a spin-on type since it is missing anyways and go to Autozone and get some heater hoses. I believe if you tell them it is for a K20 Chevy 4x4 truck with a 6.2L diesel they can get the right stuff for you.

troop2865

Does the filter system also have a heater built in? There are two wires that were cut that look like they probably were hooked where the filter system mounted on the firewall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks